Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1999 Honda Accord – Stop Lamp Failure Sensor

1999 Honda Accord – Stop Lamp Failure Sensor

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Repair Central-The ‘How To’ Forum 1999 Honda Accord – Stop Lamp Failure Sensor

• Creator
    Topic
    Stephen CainStephen Cain
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am new here to the forum and always enjoy Eric’s videos. I have had a problem on my 1999 Honda Accord (coupe w/ spoiler) for quite awhile now and just resolved the problem and thought I would share my findings.

To start out here was my problem: The only brake light I had was my spoiler, neither lights on the body would light up when the brake was applied. However I still had running lights, blinkers & reverse lights on all there lights.

I went through all the possible know issues first:

– Check all bulbs

– Check brake switch

– Check all fuses

– Check wiring to see if damaged

– Check bulb sockets to see if clean

After all frustration and headache I called around again to a few local Honda dealerships and one of the parts guys suggested replacing the Stop Lamp Failure Sensor (Honda Part# 37540-S82-A01). It was the easiest thing to replace. This sensor is located behind the lining of the trunk just under the driver side rear tail light, it is a small 2″x2″ black box. Simply unplug the old and replace with the new, with only one bolt just holding it to the body.

I hope this may help any others having an identical issue with their Honda.

Cheers,

Stephen

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…