Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2003 Nissan 2.5L Water Pump Replacement

2003 Nissan 2.5L Water Pump Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 2003 Nissan 2.5L Water Pump Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This is really Part 3 of the Nissan timing chain replacement video. In this video, you get to see the final result when the engine starts up and runs.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Gareth RandallGareth Randall
      Participant

Great video as always, but I’d like to throw one minor thing out there – is the advice about turning the heater on when bleeding the cooling system really relevant to modern cars?

It’s obviously an important part of the process in cars which have a heater valve controlling flow through the core, but how many vehicles does that apply to these days? Even my oldest vehicle, a 24-year-old Grand Cherokee, doesn’t use a heater valve – it has 100% coolant flow through the core at all times, and the heater control simply operates the blend air door to regulate the amount of hot air that gets released into the cabin. Are valves still commonly used in mass-market vehicles?

Clearly, turning the heater on full when bleeding the coolant system in vehicles that don’t have a heater valve won’t hurt anything, but it’s also completely unnecessary! Although I suppose you could make the point that if you don’t actually know if your vehicle uses a valve or not, turning the heat on full means you don’t have to waste time finding out (even though it would be useful background information about your car that may help you diagnose a heating problem in the future).

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

[quote=”Dunebasher” post=161567]Great video as always, but I’d like to throw one minor thing out there – is the advice about turning the heater on when bleeding the cooling system really relevant to modern cars?

It’s obviously an important part of the process in cars which have a heater valve controlling flow through the core, but how many vehicles does that apply to these days? Even my oldest vehicle, a 24-year-old Grand Cherokee, doesn’t use a heater valve – it has 100% coolant flow through the core at all times, and the heater control simply operates the blend air door to regulate the amount of hot air that gets released into the cabin. Are valves still commonly used in mass-market vehicles?

Clearly, turning the heater on full when bleeding the coolant system in vehicles that don’t have a heater valve won’t hurt anything, but it’s also completely unnecessary! Although I suppose you could make the point that if you don’t actually know if your vehicle uses a valve or not, turning the heat on full means you don’t have to waste time finding out (even though it would be useful background information about your car that may help you diagnose a heating problem in the future).[/quote]

I feel it’s 100% necessary. Most of the air in the system gets trapped in the heater core and most modern vehicles use a heater valve.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…