Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Final Fixes For the 2003 Nissan Sentra -FiF

Final Fixes For the 2003 Nissan Sentra -FiF

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Final Fixes For the 2003 Nissan Sentra -FiF

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This is actually the last video in the series but it’s airing before Jerry picks up the Nissan. I did this for a couple of reasons. The first is that I wanted to put to rest any concerns about my ‘welded ball joint’ and air tube leaks. Premium Members have an exclusive video about what it took to remove that welded ball joint BTW. The second reason is that I wanted to end the series on a good note, not a comeback. It will all make sense after you watch the next video if you’re still confused.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ian WilliamsIan Williams
      Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=162829]This is actually the last video in the series but it’s airing before Jerry picks up the Nissan. I did this for a couple of reasons. The first is that I wanted to put to rest any concerns about my ‘welded ball joint’ and air tube leaks. Premium Members have an exclusive video about what it took to remove that welded ball joint BTW. The second reason is that I wanted to end the series on a good note, not a comeback. It will all make sense after you watch the next video if you’re still confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-hho2X5afc%5B/quote%5D

I would have thought the code for the cam sensor would have come up sooner than it did , good result though , Nissan’s are good cars . :cheer:

Keymaster

[quote=”Commodore665″ post=162852][quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=162829]This is actually the last video in the series but it’s airing before Jerry picks up the Nissan. I did this for a couple of reasons. The first is that I wanted to put to rest any concerns about my ‘welded ball joint’ and air tube leaks. Premium Members have an exclusive video about what it took to remove that welded ball joint BTW. The second reason is that I wanted to end the series on a good note, not a comeback. It will all make sense after you watch the next video if you’re still confused.

I would have thought the code for the cam sensor would have come up sooner than it did , good result though , Nissan’s are good cars . :cheer:[/quote]

I did too, or else I would have replaced it before he picked it up.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
          Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=162859][quote=”Commodore665″ post=162852][quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=162829]This is actually the last video in the series but it’s airing before Jerry picks up the Nissan. I did this for a couple of reasons. The first is that I wanted to put to rest any concerns about my ‘welded ball joint’ and air tube leaks. Premium Members have an exclusive video about what it took to remove that welded ball joint BTW. The second reason is that I wanted to end the series on a good note, not a comeback. It will all make sense after you watch the next video if you’re still confused.

I would have thought the code for the cam sensor would have come up sooner than it did , good result though , Nissan’s are good cars . :cheer:[/quote]

I did too, or else I would have replaced it before he picked it up.[/quote]

I’m guessing the sensors were on the way out anyway , as they are known to fail , and they were totally seperate from the timing chain failure .Sometimes it’s the way these things happen .I had a instance a couple of years ago , when the heater tap failed , followed closely by water pump failure , son of a b$&ch :angry:

asetoftoolsasetoftools
            Participant

Just watched your bench balljoint removal video which is the exclusive video tied to this one. All i can say it haters gonna hate! When i watched the first part, i reflected that while i would have just starting swearing that the part didnt fit and went out and purchased a whole new control arm, you used your skills and available tools to fix the problem at zero additional cost. That’s true mechanicing! not just lame ole part swapping, and one of the reasons i really love fixing it forward. Get to see what its like to see the problem through the mechanics eye, with the filter of frugality.

I particularly admired how some welding skills and equipment solved the problem. This demo of how permanent the repair was, is icing on the cake!

Keymaster

[quote=”asetoftools” post=171882]Just watched your bench balljoint removal video which is the exclusive video tied to this one. All i can say it haters gonna hate! When i watched the first part, i reflected that while i would have just starting swearing that the part didnt fit and went out and purchased a whole new control arm, you used your skills and available tools to fix the problem at zero additional cost. That’s true mechanicing! not just lame ole part swapping, and one of the reasons i really love fixing it forward. Get to see what its like to see the problem through the mechanics eye, with the filter of frugality.

I particularly admired how some welding skills and equipment solved the problem. This demo of how permanent the repair was, is icing on the cake![/quote]

Thank you very much for that! Yea, I caught a lot of flack over this one but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…