Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Valve Cover Gasket Replacement 2004 Suzuki Verona

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement 2004 Suzuki Verona

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Valve Cover Gasket Replacement 2004 Suzuki Verona

• Creator
    Topic
    Jaime PattonJaime Patton
    Participant

So I purchased the gasket, torque wrench, and all the other supplies. I was looking over the instructions and it says I need to remove the intake manifold, the air duct, remove the coolant reservoir, pull the fuel filter fuse, and drain the coolant. Are the last two just for safety? Can I get by without draining the coolant?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      hondaguy453hondaguy453
      Participant

It probably says to drain the coolant because you’re removing the intake manifold. The IM has hoses directing coolant to it for warm up purposes and to direct coolant to the Idle Air Control Valve, so it doesn’t freeze up. That’s my best guess and usually why service manuals tell you to do so. If you don’t, it could get messy haha. Just mark the hoses and everything so you don’t forget where they go. Good luck mang!

college mancollege man

Usually a valve cover does not involve coolant.

Jaime PattonJaime Patton
          Participant

I was able to drain the coolant. Have not managed to get the intake manifold off yet. I removed all the bolts the guide said to but still can’t seem to get it off. I’ll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…