Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • COMPLETE DAEWOO LANOS SERVICE MANUAL

COMPLETE DAEWOO LANOS SERVICE MANUAL

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here COMPLETE DAEWOO LANOS SERVICE MANUAL

• Creator
    Topic
    MatthewMatthew
    Participant

I HAVE FOUND A ONLINE FREE SERVICE MANUAL FOR A DAEWOO LANOS HERE. ACCORDING TO GENERAL INFORMATION SECTION 0B-11 PAGE 21 IT SATES REPLACE THE OIL EVERY 6K MILES? AM I READING THAT CHART CORRECTLY? AND IF I AM NOT MISTAKING THIS CHART ALSO STATES I NEED A NEW TIMING BELT AS IT IS STILL THE ORIGINAL? and if i am reading this correctly i need not only replace my spark plugs but also my serpintine belt, timing belt, AND fuel filter?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Coty MillerCoty Miller
      Participant

Yeah 6-8k sounds about right for that year depending on make/model provided your running synthetics, and of course 3k for traditional oil. Sooner if your running it in harsh conditions…

Timing belt is supposed to be replaced between 80k – 120k, depending on what car it is… I think mine said 80k or something, I changed it at like 119k… It was still in great condition, but whatever…

Spark plugs are normally recommended to be replaced with the timing belt, higher grade plugs last longer… a general rule of thumb is to replace your fuel filter every 25k, some say that’s a little excessive, but with fuel you really have no idea how clean it is, and they only cost like $11… Serpentine, yeah, replaced around timing belt, and timing belt tensioners and serpentine tentioners…

MatthewMatthew
        Participant

at least now i know why all my problems arose. according the the service manual the Timing (crankshaft) belt is to be replaced every 54k miles or 36 months (w/e comes first). so all my belts and fluids (except brake and coolant) are YEARS past overdue for a change. looks like i gotta buy me some jack stands.

Coty MillerCoty Miller
          Participant

Your problems were not caused by bad belts, when a belt is over due, it breaks, and sends the valves flying randomly into oncoming pistons… makes one heck of a noise… But like I did say in my second vid, your problem could have been caused due to a clogged fuel filter…

Wow 54k or 3 years? That’s young…

MatthewMatthew
            Participant

I misread its about every 60k miles or 36 months. i wasnt talking about the engine acting weird i was meaning my brake lines needing replaced a collapsed brake hose (would of been avoided if the tyres ever got rotated) thermostat hosing blew because the coolant was NEVER changed since the car was new yes 13yo coolant) brake fluid was never changed which could of caused the premature Brake Cylinder failure. Power Steering fluid has never been changed (could expaine the whine noises in the PS). How do you drain PS fluid?

John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
              Participant

FYI it’s a USER MANUAL NOT a Service manual

Coty MillerCoty Miller
                Participant

You can drain PS fluid by emptying the reservoir then opening the bleeders on the steering rack, then turn left to right a few times… don’t do it to long though, you’ll burn the pump up…

The TS didn’t blow due to coolant, it blew due to age, if I remember right, it is plastic… The focus also suffers from a plastic TS housing… they blow every 80k to 120k… some last longer though…

Normally old coolant just eats up at aluminum and or becomes non-affective (it might actually freeze)…

Also it may be a good idea to run the PS pump a while on fresh fluid, drain it and add new stuff… Just to prevent pump failure…

Also, scottykilmer can give you allot of these answers if you don’t mind him yelling (he’s very energetic in his videos)… And eric has many good vids that can point you on the right track..

MatthewMatthew
                  Participant

[quote=”dohc-kindaguy” post=61340]You can drain PS fluid by emptying the reservoir then opening the bleeders on the steering rack, then turn left to right a few times… don’t do it to long though, you’ll burn the pump up…

The TS didn’t blow due to coolant, it blew due to age, if I remember right, it is plastic… The focus also suffers from a plastic TS housing… they blow every 80k to 120k… some last longer though…

Normally old coolant just eats up at aluminum and or becomes non-affective (it might actually freeze)…

Also it may be a good idea to run the PS pump a while on fresh fluid, drain it and add new stuff… Just to prevent pump failure…

Also, scottykilmer can give you allot of these answers if you don’t mind him yelling (he’s very energetic in his videos)… And eric has many good vids that can point you on the right track..[/quote]

I watch scotty all the time in fact watching scotty is how i found ETCG. What is DIS (Direct Ignition System)

Coty MillerCoty Miller
                    Participant

Here is a great article on DIS:

What is Direct Ignition System (or DIS)?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…