Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2008 Chevy Equinox with bad power locks

2008 Chevy Equinox with bad power locks

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2008 Chevy Equinox with bad power locks

• Creator
    Topic
    Frank HealyFrank Healy
    Participant

I have a 2008 Chevy equinox with bad power locks. Both front locks move slightly when I use the remote or door switch, but don’t lock reliably. I can hear a relay in the center stack that sounds bad, but I can’t see where they are. I understand there should be two relays, one for the front locks and one for the rear. There is a round access panel on the passenger side of the center stack, but there are only fuses behind it. I found the part on the internet, but couldn’t find anythng about how to get to the relay’s to replace them.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      davedave
      Participant

One thing you could try would be to isolate the power lock motors and supply power to them directly from an independent power source separate from the vehicle. If the actuators still operate poorly, then you’ll have to break down the door and troubleshoot mechanical problems. Conversely, if the actuators work normally, then you’ll have to troubleshoot the power lock circuit. (see attached .pdf) Test specifically for unwanted high resistance (voltage drop.)

You’ll have to access connector X500 (driver’s side) and connector X600 (passenger side). You will have to break down the doors in order to access these connectors. Once unplugged, refer to the following diagram to supply power and ground to the appropriate pins:

For the driver’s side actuator, supply power and ground to the Gray & Tan lines (pins #23 & #24.) For the passenger side actuator, supply power & ground to the Black & Purple lines (pins #10 & #20.)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…