Menu

No Crank No Start Suzuki esteem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here No Crank No Start Suzuki esteem

• Creator
    Topic
    NomanNoman
    Participant

Hey I am experiencing no crank no start situation with my suzuki esteem. The car starts normally with smooth idle and no hesitation but when i drive it say 60 km and stop for a while then it gives no crank no start condition. The car is 4 cylinder with 2 coils supplying them the current. Now i have noticed that the coil supplying 2nd and 4th cylinder is producing a orange/yellow spark. and also when i remove the cable running from coil to my 2nd cylinder and then i crank the engine it starts again with no problem. One more thing that i have noticed is that i see a bluish arc jumping from the coil to the cable whenever i remove the end connecting the spark plug. My mechanic suggested me that its the fault of the coil and it has gone weaker over the years and need replacement. I dont know how to debug it as i am unable to comprehend why does it start after removing the coil cable ? any help is appreciated in this regard.

Attachments:
    Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BillBill
      Participant

I would suggest that you replace the coil and plug wires. Then you will need to diagnose the no crank condition.

NomanNoman
        Participant

Thank you for the suggestion ! but the point is that how would i know if the coil is faulty ? If i replace the coil then whats the guarantee that the symptoms would die down ! I want to test the coil. One method could be to use spark tester what else should i look for ??

richiepearcerichiepearce
          Participant

Looking at your pics, i would suggest a new set of leads as your arrow is pointing to the lead and this is where you say it is arching across.
            as for the no crank situation this could be the starter affected by generated heat within the engine. astra starters used to suffer with this when they got old.

NomanNoman
            Participant

B) Yes you are right ! I thought the same ! i would definitely try replacing those parts as i just replaced my coil but could get rid of the symptoms. I am thinking more like starter or battery, but battery can be ruled out as after 60km driving it gets charged so starter could be the one bugging the car !!

college mancollege man

If a arc is being seen at the coil/connection you are
                losing spark energy to where you need it. That could be
                the weak spark. You could do the wires and see if the symptoms
                improve. If not next replace the coil.

richiepearcerichiepearce
                Participant

The coil will normally arc from the body, as i said replace the leads (wires).

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…