Menu

Civic `92 horn issue

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LeoLeo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    WojciechWojciech
    Participant

Hi guys, few months ago my horn just gone, and still its not working. Today spend whole day in a garage checking all connections in the wirings with Civic manual, but there is still something wrong with. As manual says its going by two wires, white-green from battery and blue-red to hubcore. So i tried to find the blue-red cabel and there is none. My car is stock, without srs or cruise control so manual is only says what of the attachment below. Continuity check, for all cables coming into upper column, two, (white and red-blue) in 6pin connector are showing my the countinuity (WTF??) Were i should check for correct cable, i need my horn back πŸ™‚
      Horn is working, checked. Ground should be fine i clean mount area from rust/paint.
      Fuse 42 is ok πŸ™‚

Hope my bad english is not that horrible and you can understand what i`m trying to explain.
      Can you help me?

Attachments:
    Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      LeoLeo
      Participant

1:Your Horn Fuse is blown (sound like you checked it)
        2:Your Horn Relay is blown(its like a fuse panel sometimes under the hood) Switch a matching relay, see if it works
        3:Your actual Horn(sound making speaker thing) is bad, use a jumper cable to jump from the positive. see if it harps
        4: Your steering wheel horn part is bad πŸ™ This requires alot of work sometimes, disconnect battery to prevent airbag

WojciechWojciech
        Participant

[quote=”knookle89″ post=133712]1:Your Horn Fuse is blown (sound like you checked it)
          2:Your Horn Relay is blown(its like a fuse panel sometimes under the hood) Switch a matching relay, see if it works
          3:Your actual Horn(sound making speaker thing) is bad, use a jumper cable to jump from the positive. see if it harps
          4: Your steering wheel horn part is bad πŸ™ This requires alot of work sometimes, disconnect battery to prevent airbag[/quote]

Thanks for a reply to my issue.
          1. Checked, its fine.
          2. Where it’s? Obd0 didnt have a horn relay, am i wrong?
          3. Horn is fine, checked.
          4. I swaped the steering wheel and that didnt help.
          Thinking of swap slip ring, but first i want to take some advice here.
          Anyone with some help?

LeoLeo
          Participant

OBD0 is generally used on Honda’s to refer to 1988-1991 ECUs.
            OBD1 was 92-95,
            OBD2A was 1996-1998

So I believe you have OBD1 in your vehicle also here is a pic of the horn relay location

Possible its a Multi-Function Relay, but do look at the location in the picture and find the type of relay, maybe try swapping one thats the same and see if it works.

AllanAllan
            Participant

hello πŸ™‚

Here wiring diagram for 92 civic non srs πŸ™‚

Attachments:
              WojciechWojciech
              Participant

[quote=”knookle89″ post=133726]OBD0 is generally used on Honda’s to refer to 1988-1991 ECUs.
                OBD1 was 92-95,
                OBD2A was 1996-1998

So I believe you have OBD1 in your vehicle also here is a pic of the horn relay location

Possible its a Multi-Function Relay, but do look at the location in the picture and find the type of relay, maybe try swapping one thats the same and see if it works.[/quote]
                Yeah, but my engine is d15b2 which was use in 4gen aswell so can be as i say. In my fuse box under the steering wheel there’s space for horn relay but i dont have srs.
                [quote=”allhan” post=133731]hello πŸ™‚

Here wiring diagram for 92 civic non srs πŸ™‚

[/quote]
                Thanks for help, i’ll check again today, shoot some photos and attatch here later

LeoLeo
                Participant

defiantly check the horn relay under the dash. So ur saying ur car is obd0, I bet ur right. Hope thats the problem.

AllanAllan
                  Participant

Hello again πŸ™‚
                    Diagrams show that models With srs have horn relay, and models without srs dont have..
                    So you have 12v at terminal 2 at horn (wht/grn wire)? should be 12v all time..
                    if you have, then follow Control side (ground side) from horn to horn switch (Blu/red wire).
                    C301, C448, C431.

WojciechWojciech
                    Participant

No, right now i have only 8.15v and when engine is runnin is ~9.15v

LeoLeo
                      Participant

No horn relay on non srs. Dang I thought it’d be a relay, my bad.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…