Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Transmission Question after accident

Transmission Question after accident

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Transmission Question after accident

• Creator
    Topic
    PrestonPreston
    Participant

Ok I have a 2000 dodge Durango with a 5.9 (46re trans) and I was at a light last night and sure enuff squeeling tires and boom rear ended my d is ok his f150 not so much but I have a check engine light on now and the tranny won’t shift there is no first gear or forthe . It takes most of my pettle to get her up to 20 where it will begin to take off but anyways I have a P7053 code and a P7043 Could this be caused by the accident or just a merical that it happend at the same time??? How would I prove that to insurence?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
      Participant

Do you mean P0743 and P0753? If so, those codes are for the torque converter solenoid and shift solenoid, respectively. A wire could have been cut or the connectors could have come loose as a result from the accident. Check the wiring to the transmission for loose connectors or cut wires.

PrestonPreston
        Participant

Your right sorry was rushing. So its a good possibility it could of happpend from the accident? Also did some further invesaging and found the trans fuse blown.. Cleared cel and started up cel immediately.. check fuse blown.. So I switch some relays around and try agian.. Blown.. So there has to be a fried, pinched, cut, wire somewhere.. Lookin around I. Cannot find wires anywhere on this thing except. For N safty switch I assume they are internal .. Any suggetions to put up a fight against insurance company ?

Participant

The connector for the solenoid assembly is behind the neutral safety switch. Diagram below. The solenoids themselves are inside the transmission on the valve body. IIRC, the wiring for the solenoid assembly runs through the same harness as the fuel pump wiring, so you may want to look around there as well.

Attachments:
            PrestonPreston
            Participant

Thanks but I have to more new codes P0720 P1740 what could be the problem here?!? Its making me nuts! I’d say the accident had to have hurt something

Participant

P0720 is an output speed sensor code, and P1740 refers back to the torque converter solenoid. I would say almost conclusively that there is a wiring harness issue.

PrestonPreston
                Participant

I most deffanitly agree but harnesses don’t just burn up for no reason, correct? So you could say plausibly that it was from the accident garing something wrong? Or do you have different options? I’m just trying to come up with a countrr defense for the aguster (if there even is one). By the way happy late 4th and thanks for all the info so far.

PrestonPreston
                  Participant

Also what do you think the odds are its a TCM/PCM Issue? Noticed that my gauges stay floating when the key Is off now also or the very slowly drop to flat

Participant

No, they don’t burn up for no reason. But in this case, there is a reason, a rear-end collision. The connectors could be pulled partially out making poor contact, ground points could have come loose, wire insulation could be damaged by a pinch and shorting to ground, vibration from the car continuing to be operated can be exacerbating these conditions resulting in increasing symptoms.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…