Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1992-1995 honda civic radiator fan circuit

1992-1995 honda civic radiator fan circuit

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1992-1995 honda civic radiator fan circuit

• Creator
    Topic
    Zach kaufmanZach kaufman
    Participant

Hi I have 1993 honda civic dx hatchback and I’m having trouble diagnosing why my cooling fan will not turn on, I’ve tested the relay by bypassing the fan switch using the battery to supply power to the connector for the fan switch on the thermostat and the relay works fine and the fan comes on again with voltage from the battery, I then bench tested the cooling fan switch to verify that it closes around 200-210°f and it works just fine as it should it’s brand new from the dealer, so now I know the fan switch and wiring to the relay out to the fan pass during my test and in theory should work,so then I went to the ECTS (engine coolant temp sensor) wich is also brand new from the dealer and I’m reading resistance on both the connector on the harness and also at the sensor itself I chose to test the ECTS after running the engine for a while instead of bench testing it after all of my testing and confirming everything to be in working order I’m very confused as to why the cooling fan still will not kick on,wondering if there’s a problem within the circuit itself if anyone has had to diagnose a non working cooling fan in the 92-95 honda chassis I could obviously use some assistance lol any help is much appreciated
      Thanks
      -zach

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      CharlesCharles
      Participant

I believe the cooling fan is controlled by the ECU. Does the fan come on when the AC is turned on?

Zach kaufmanZach kaufman
        Participant

No air conditioning in the car

CharlesCharles
          Participant

OK, here is a video and wiring diagram. The video shows general trouble shooting and the diagram shows the pins on the ECM that are associated with the fan controls. C7 and A19 on the diagram are the coolant sensor in and out to fan circuits respectively.

https://youtu.be/4LdU721UVF0

Zach kaufmanZach kaufman
            Participant

Thanks for the help man I appreciate it I can’t view that video for some reason if you get a chance can you send it t egb16a93@gmail.com if not no big deal il should have a better idea with the diagram, thanks again for the help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…