Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • PCV Valve and fuse box -Infiniti QX4 2000 model

PCV Valve and fuse box -Infiniti QX4 2000 model

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here PCV Valve and fuse box -Infiniti QX4 2000 model

• Creator
    Topic
    FahadFahad
    Participant

Dear Mr. Eric,

How are you doing.

Thanks for providing such a wonderful platform.

I have three below small inquiries. Please help me out:

(Vehicle : Nissan Infinity QX4 2000 model)

1. Can you please let me know PCV Valve location from attached picture by circling or any way so that i can understand…and how to remove to replace with new one? What will be the symptoms if it is faulty or not?

2. i have attached fuse box picture….one relay by look seems damage….. as per indication on fuse box it looks battery…….but car can easily start with no issue….can you please guide me which relay is this and what it do.

That’s it dear…………………………..

Thanks for your every effort for me….for us……for every one….

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

[quote=”Sfahad38″ post=181468]Dear Mr. Eric,

How are you doing.

Thanks for providing such a wonderful platform.

I have three below small inquiries. Please help me out:

(Vehicle : Nissan Infinity QX4 2000 model)

1. Can you please let me know PCV Valve location from attached picture by circling or any way so that i can understand…and how to remove to replace with new one? What will be the symptoms if it is faulty or not?

2. i have attached fuse box picture….one relay by look seems damage….. as per indication on fuse box it looks battery…….but car can easily start with no issue….can you please guide me which relay is this and what it do.

That’s it dear…………………………..

Thanks for your every effort for me….for us……for every one….[/quote]

The one marked battery is not a relay its the main battery fuse. If the car is starting then
        the fuse is good. The pcv Lives right under the throttle cables by the throttle body. The
        black hose runs underneath the throttle cables and is threaded in.

FahadFahad
        Participant

Throttle cable means the two solid silver metallic wires connected with accelerator … that open the throttle mouth by depressing accelerator ?
          I have attached picture by red highlight ….. is this same you are telling me?

Attachments:
          college mancollege man

You got it 🙂

MikeMike
            Participant

From what I’ve read, I am going to respectfully disagree.

You see that rectangular thingy near the top right corner of the photo? It has two hoses coming out of it. There are two more hoses underneath those top two hoses, and the PCV valve should be connected to the rearmost lower hose, (the darkest hose in your picture), threaded into the intake manifold.

Also, I have a small concern about the following photo.

Almost in the exact center of your photo, it looks like a hose is disconnected. You might want to hook it up again if you aren’t aware that it’s been unplugged.

college mancollege man
                MikeMike
                Participant

This link has a pictorial breakdown of the location and how to access the PCV valve on the OP’s make and year of vehicle.

FahadFahad
                  Participant

Dear Mr. Eric,

Really thankful for your brilliant guidance and help for good concern.

I will check tomorrow my car engine…..really i have not noticed that….

Really appreciated dear!!! 🙂

FahadFahad
                    Participant

Dear Mr. Eric,

Car: Infiniti QX4 2000 model

My father has replaced gear box in past.
                      When i drive in city or smaller distances, it feels nothing…..pretty normal… but when on highways i drive in high speed…some speed above 80-100 i clearly feel gears running on steering and by sound…………..what will be that—is it normal? is this something to worry about? any solution?

Similarly, MECHANIC repaired steering box…it was leaking from somewhere before that……normal driving is ok…but like in zero speed and rpm…when i turn steering left right….i listen machine sound increasing…..what is the reason and how can i solve it…..as there is no leakage now…

kindly help….

college mancollege man

[quote=”Sfahad38″ post=181536]Dear Mr. Eric,

Really thankful for your brilliant guidance and help for good concern.

I will check tomorrow my car engine…..really i have not noticed that….

Really appreciated dear!!! :)[/quote]

That area we thought was the pcv circled in red is not the pcv but just a fitting. Evil-I
                        shows the pcv( thank you Evil-I 🙂 ) Hopefully between the both of us we can find the PCV.

college mancollege man

Could you post a video of the sound? When the power steering leak was fixed
                          was the correct power steering fluid used? see if this link helps.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/diagnosing-noises-in-your-car

FahadFahad
                          Participant

Dear Mr. Eric,

Is this normal that after cleaning MAF sensor and throttle….i feel small jerks in my car Infiniti QX4 2000? it jerks time to time….as i just did it today in evening and ran may be 7-8 KM roughly….in city….
                            Till how many KM it will jerk – if it is normal?

Also can i replace PCV valve when engine is hot or it is doable only in cold engine?

college mancollege man

[quote=”Sfahad38″ post=181598]Dear Mr. Eric,

Is this normal that after cleaning MAF sensor and throttle….i feel small jerks in my car Infiniti QX4 2000? it jerks time to time….as i just did it today in evening and ran may be 7-8 KM roughly….in city….
                              Till how many KM it will jerk – if it is normal?

Also can i replace PCV valve when engine is hot or it is doable only in cold engine?[/quote]

You may have gotten cleaner in the intake when you cleaned the TB. If the jerking does not stop
                              there may be another problem. No check engine light on or engine light flashing? Change the PCV
                              on a cold engine.

FahadFahad
                              Participant

there is no any engine light or flashing during drive. Also speedometer remains normal as before…
                                Yes….there are small internal jerks that i always notices when car is in gear and stopped in traffic.

In neutral, how much race i give no issue…how much idle it remains i don’t feel that jerks..

But that jerking started only after using MAF cleaner for throttle and i also cleaned MAF without touching inside or sensor……

Please help…..will it stop after some time…or any solution…..will this cause any problem?

college mancollege man

You let it dry when you cleaned it. Check that it is plugged in or any of the pins
                                  did not get bent.

FahadFahad
                                  Participant

Yes, dear college man I dried it properly in normal environment. I lived in Middle East UAE and you know seasons remains hot here. So it was dried completely before i installed it back.
                                    Connector i rechecked….i saw no issue.

Also that vibration exist only when car is in gear mode and can be feel when in gear and slow or stopped with gear in.

but what i noticed yesterday, i hope it is jerks of 4WD because i checked just for no reason my 4wd and turned the knob to Auto or 4wd….i listened no sound of 4wd which comes from car when you engage for 4wd….like Dddhuubbb…..
                                    Also after turning knob, i saw continuous indication of front two wheels and central lock blinking while back two wheels remains unblinked.

this condition remains same yesterday…whenever i start my car….

but today morning there is no such blinking but 4wd dhhuubb sound is not there…means 4wd is not working…

So i hope that this the main issue………

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…