1. I’ve got an oil squirt can I plan on doing that with, how much should I actually put in? Also would it be safe to turn the engine with the fan, as there is no bolt on the crank pulley, only a “key”?
2. The antifreeze is fresh, I checked it and it tests excellent, even though it’s been sitting in there for a while.
3. I inspected the hoses and the belt yesterday, all looks good there!
4. I have a new cap, points, and condenser on the way, I figure replacing them all will be for the best.
5. Tranny is the three speed manual, it uses heavy duty gear oil, I plan on changing that out once the engine runs.
6. That’s on the list when I tune up the ignition system for sure!
7. There is a hole further down in the pip after the manifold after careful inspection. It will be getting some new pipes once the engine runs again
8. Sadly it will need all new tires it seems, all four are dry rotted. The brake pedal returns,however I’m sure pulling the drums off will reveal some rusted springs.
This is going to be a multi weekend project and I appreciate all the help I can get!
I am also replacing the valve cover gasket, is there anything specific I should check in reference to the rocker arms and springs when im under there?
- This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Gary.