Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 2010 GMC AFM lifter failelure. Replaced, still misfiring.

Reply To: 2010 GMC AFM lifter failelure. Replaced, still misfiring.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 GMC AFM lifter failelure. Replaced, still misfiring. Reply To: 2010 GMC AFM lifter failelure. Replaced, still misfiring.

Ryan HottotRyan Hottot
Participant

Yes, I rolled the engine over manually after repairs with the valve cover off. The #7 rockers moved just like all the rest. A little info I didn’t mention in the first post: I checked the push rods during the repair, and they were all straight. I also followed the Haynes manual for all torque values and sequences. This was my first time removing the heads on a motor so I took my time, read the manual and followed all the directions. I took extra care cleaning mating surfaces with all new gaskets (no leaks that I can see). New head bolts. New exhaust manifold bolts.

I understand that AFM lifter failure is a pretty common issue on GMC 5.3L engines from 2007-2014 or thereabouts. I had code P0451 (Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Range/Performance) show up at (or around) the same time, as well as my persistent P0442 (small EVAP leak) but I didn’t think they were related to my #7 misfire.

Loading…