Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 2009 Mini Cooper S – Dead Radio Head Unit

Reply To: 2009 Mini Cooper S – Dead Radio Head Unit

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2009 Mini Cooper S – Dead Radio Head Unit Reply To: 2009 Mini Cooper S – Dead Radio Head Unit

Andy TeppinAndy Teppin
Participant

Thanks Dave. I checked the fuse for the radio & the fuse for what I *think* is the computer. Everything looked fine. From what I’ve seen in other posts elsewhere online it seems that the head unit is also the computer.

I also saw someone mention a possible issue with corroded wires for the 12V for CANBUS. So I will need to dig into that, which is actually what lead me to Eric The Car Guy’s site – as he did a carpet removal video for the Mini that I thought met shed some light on where the wiring is that I need to investigate.

Another thing that is odd is a warning light for the rear fog lights which has been going on for years, but the rear fog lights actually worked. When I checked them again yesterday they no longer work – however the bulbs in both sides are fine. So I’m wondering if this is related to the sudden loss of radio too.

Loading…