Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 2006 MDX 3.5L BACKFIRES and no.start

Reply To: 2006 MDX 3.5L BACKFIRES and no.start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2006 MDX 3.5L BACKFIRES and no.start Reply To: 2006 MDX 3.5L BACKFIRES and no.start

Dustin WendorfDustin Wendorf
Participant

Thanks for the info Richard 👍  i do know little about timing … yes i do know that my V6 3.5L has the Interference  style of timing belt setup…  a little prognosis  … my 2006 Acura MDX 3.5L  had died while driving dont know why.

So pushed off to side of road and collected  a friend to tow it home … ps

Ps i purchased  this CUV with a bad misfire ,which i had cleared  mostly  up buy general maintenance  ie spark coil and oil but inwanted tontry to regain some more performance  and fuel economy  so intryed to clean with intake spray .. while engine  off . So I ended up cleaning  well enough but did research  and found out Acura\Honda 3

5’s bad PCV issue turns out i cleaned too well and caused  my valve to stay open  amd for oil to be sucked in to the cylinder and burn causing it to smoke .. but i digress 

am a one man I be it idiot… but i had sparyed intake cleaner  in the top EGR passageway  on my engine as a solvent  to try to fix a bad misfire. .. now i did dry towl all of the intake/carb cleaner up…  and waited  another two weeks and installed a fresh starter on to engine .. at which time it did start but would not idle , and i had to get my vehicle  moved  from the center of my drive way. The only way to achieve  this was to stand on the throttle  and trow it in to gear  and move  it ..

Now a weeks time and i go to start to show a friend  what it is acting and all it does is backfire compression (enough to kick the intake snorkel\tube off throttle body).. 

Loading…