Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with a single click and no crank intermit.

Reply To: 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with a single click and no crank intermit.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with a single click and no crank intermit. Reply To: 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with a single click and no crank intermit.

Stephen BowenStephen Bowen
Participant

Agreed. The trail seems to run head first into something ‘killing’ the command to run the starter. Seems to be 2 likely items that can cause this, other then wiring. The neutral safety switch inside the transmission (Lovely place to hide it…) or the PCM itself that sends the signal to the TIPM. The Journey forum chimed in about a flaky CPS. Not sold on that, as it runs like a top (once it starts) And it doesn’t get even a partial spin before getting commanded to shut off.

Next on my list is the relay bypass, and attempting to track down a wiring diagram. The only sites that offer to ‘sell’ a service manual would be in China or Korea. I’m a close follower of Eric O over at South Main Auto. If memory serves he did a video on service manuals and ones made for the DYI market. I’ll look into that as well and see if I can download PDF’s of the wiring. Part of me is leaning towards that NSS in the transmission. Even though my scan tool is reporting the correct data, it might be dropping the signal so quickly the tool doesn’t pick it up-but the PCM is. I hope it’s not a faulty PCM. I do have a supplier down in FL that I’ve used a few times with excellent results. But I’m tired of firing the parts cannon on this one.

S-

Loading…