Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 08 Grand Caravan P0750

Reply To: 08 Grand Caravan P0750

micah russellmicah russell
Participant

Thanks, I can only assume it’s failing the continuity, or has a poor electrical connection.

I did check the continuity of them individually, The fluid looks fine, and from what I can tell is at the proper level ( using one of those amazon dipsticks). If anything, it would have too much.

That is what I wanted to check before, the wires going to and from the computer to the transmission. I always like to verify what the computer sees as a fault, however that just seems impossible without tearing down the front anyway. I’m going to go ahead and replace the filter, and the transmission fluid while I’m at it. I hate to do that with so many miles on it(215k), so I’ll probably do half old and half new, kind of like the procedure on the odyssey’s.

In the last 30-60 days here is what I have dealt with on this dodge:

one rear caliper stuck, then a month later the other side failed leaking all the brake fluid out

Starter

Intake gasket

Headlight

Transmission solenoids

alternator

I have to smack the dash to get the lights to come on for the gauges

The van randomly turned on the wipers, lights, brake lights, all kinds of random things happening due to an electrical connection needing cleaned on one of the sliding doors, and the gauges quit working. This was fun to find.

It’s crazy how everything goes from normal for over a year, to something failing every other day all at once.

I switched over to my 03 Honda odyssey so I can focus on the repairs it needs instead worrying about not having transportation, but first I have to install the IAC valve on that van, which happened while it was sitting for a year. 235k miles on it and aside from regular maintenance, have had to do like 3 things to it in the last 5 years of owning it, which are typical for it, Like a sliding door falling off due to the failed bearing, Coil pack failures( I replaced them all) , A/C compressor.

I can’t tell if it was how well the vehicles were taken care of before me or not, but I think next time around I’m going to stick to a Honda If I can afford it.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Loading…