Menu
  • Home
  • P0174 2012 Camaro (occurs when feathering gas to maintain speed)

P0174 2012 Camaro (occurs when feathering gas to maintain speed)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here P0174 2012 Camaro (occurs when feathering gas to maintain speed) P0174 2012 Camaro (occurs when feathering gas to maintain speed)

Sean GallowaySean Galloway
Participant

I have done several vacuum leak searches. I have replaced the PCV hose and the purge solenoid hoses. The injectors are new on that side and I even swapped the ignition rail to see if something was causing it on that side. I have change the gaskets on the exhaust manifold, I have changed the gaskets on the intake manifold, I have changed the gaskets on the valve cover to include the grommets. I have had the dealership check it and they did a smoke test and I have had another shop look at it and they did a smoke test. So far I am the only one that has dialed it down to the specific action that it occurs which is when you are barely touching the gas pedal. Anything outside of that the trims are good. It is just strange that it is on one side, which would make you think it was a vacuum leak. My last step is maybe the oil filler neck and gaskets. I haven’t changed that. It is on bank 2, that is the only thing I can think of. If it was the fuel pump or regulator etc. I would it expect the lean condition on both sides. I have tested the PSI on the fuel rail with a manual gauge and the psi was at 60. I monitored it yesterday and the fuel pressure stayed around 57 psi to 58 psi. It is just odd that it only occurs when the pedal is barely depressed and held in that position, basically the lightest you can touch it that opens the throttle position. Let’s say it is a vacuum leak I haven’t found it is odd that it would go lean only at that point.

Loading…