Menu

03 S10 Misfire/Shaking

• Creator
    Topic
    Slick OneBrandon Towne
    Participant

I recently purchased a 2003 S10 2wd 4.3 Vortec Automatic with 122,000 miles on it.

It was running and driving fine but now it seems to misfire when warm.

So what is happening is when the truck is started up and driven it goes fine, but then after about a mile of driving or a few minutes of just running in park it starts to get a little shaky and when revving it above 1200rpms it starts to feel like it is misfiring.

I replaced the spark plugs with AcDelco, I replace the spark plug wires. I replaced the fuel filter. I will say after the spark plugs and wires replaced it does feel like it runs stronger.

I am just confused on what is wrong, the fuel pump is a little loud but supposedly this is normal on these things.

It does not have a flashing check engine light when this misfire/shaking is happening and when you get down on it, it seems to go ok.

I had someone suggest it is the coil, another says the cap n rotor but the cap n rotor on it is not original it looks to be one of those cheap valuecraft ones and to me a cap n rotor would not make sense if it is running fine at first but starts acting up when warm.

Any ideas? this engine sounds beautiful overall it is just this one issue.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Slick OneBrandon Towne.
    Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Any codes? Have you done a power balance test to isolate the misfire to a cylinder or is it a random misfire?

Slick OneBrandon Towne
        Participant

Only codes this truck has is related to evap which does not matter in this state.

It now has:
          New spark plugs, new wires, new ignition coil. I am running out of options. Going to get it fuel pressure tested soon.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…