Menu

04 Element – High Idle, No Power

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 04 Element – High Idle, No Power

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua PoffJoshua Poff
    Participant

I got an 04 Element for free after it was wrecked. Since I’ve had it, it idles high (~1500RPM) and has no power (unless I’m in first gear, I lose speed on an incline unless I manually shift down or turn off overdrive. When gas pedal is half way down, there is no more acceleration when pushing all the way down to the floor. It also shifts into first and reverse hard from park but I think it’s because of the high idle. There is a TPS Code but I have changed TPS 3 times, changed plug, engine computer, and finally ran all new wires to TPS and it still does not work. I’m also only getting about 11mpg. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I’m sorry if I’m not descriptive enough. I don’t know a ton about cars. If anymore info is needed, let me know.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jonathan GabrielJonathan Gabriel
      Participant

Check the throttle cable. If its too tight, it will keep the throttle plate open enough to suck in unwanted air, causing the exact things you’re describing. I adjusted my throttle cable the other day because it was too loose, but I over tightened and experienced everything you just mentioned. Had to go back and play around with the tension. Give it a shot

Johnny WixJohnny Wix
        Participant

Check the throttle cable. If its too tight, it’ll maintain the throttle plate open sufficient to suck in undesirable air, inflicting the precise matters you’re describing. I adjusted my throttle cable the alternative day as it changed into too loose,

Regards,
          agricultural solar panel systems

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Johnny WixJohnny Wix.
        Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…