Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • ’04 Honda Element – code p0721 after engine swap

’04 Honda Element – code p0721 after engine swap

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here ’04 Honda Element – code p0721 after engine swap

• Creator
    Topic
    DougDoug
    Participant

I replaced the original 2.4l with a used one which seems to be working fine. But since the swap my auto trans isn’t acting right. I didn’t modify the trans in any way but did remove it with the engine and reinstall the same trans

Currently reverse will not work unless I go into drive first then go straight to reverse. If I go from par know nuetral. Nothing.

The code references the output speed sensor. I have checked the wiring, connector and even swapped the speed sensor with no change.

I will drive in D but after a short distance D starts blinking and won’t up or down shift.

What else can I try.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

If you replaced the sensor with a good known working sensor then a pinched or wiring
        issue would be next. You may need to check the harness for that sensor.

DougDoug
        Participant

i suppose I should just unwrap as much of that sensor’s lead as I can and check for continuity thru the end of the plug…..

DD
          Participant

Having the exact same issue with mine. What resolved this issue?

DougDoug
            Participant

what actually fixed mine was: there are two identical sensors on the the back side (between the trans and the firewall/ attached to the trans) that have the same identical connection. I had those two connections swapped and didn’t know it. i swapped the two and it fixed everything.

hope this helps.

DD
              Participant

Thank you I will double check mine

DD
                Participant

Thank you I will double check mine

college mancollege man

[quote=”Doug” post=203606]what actually fixed mine was: there are two identical sensors on the the back side (between the trans and the firewall/ attached to the trans) that have the same identical connection. I had those two connections swapped and didn’t know it. i swapped the two and it fixed everything.

hope this helps.[/quote]

An end to the mystery scooby doo

DD
                    Participant

This solved my problem!!!!…a dumb mistake. Every honda I have ever messed with the plugs would only plug into the correct sensor or plug in. This element has been a whole new beast for me. I am used to the obd1 Acura integra and honda civics.

DougDoug
                      Participant

same here with the unique plug for each sensor ….no idea why they didn’t do it that way on this one…

so glad i was able to help someone else. i remember being really frustrated and out of options just before finding it

DD
                        Participant

I was so frustrated I sent it to a local shop to let them trouble shoot the electronics because i knew it was definently a signal issue….you definitely helped me a ton because I called the shop and they had just started on it that morning and I told them what you said and they went right to it! They charged me 45 bucks for the time they had spent on it and we drove it home. I didn’t mind paying them the 45 bucks because it could have been a lot worse.

Thank you again for your help!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…