Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 04 Sierra ,Truck off and high beam light stays on.

04 Sierra ,Truck off and high beam light stays on.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 04 Sierra ,Truck off and high beam light stays on.

• Creator
    Topic
    wtbm123wtbm123
    Participant

04 GMC Sierra .Lately the high beam indicator (blue) stays lit in the dash even though everything is off (engine off, key out, all lights off, etc.). It usually comes on about 10 seconds after the dome light goes out (after closing the door). If the parking lights or lo beam headlight lights is turned on, the high beam indicator does go out, such as when driving. Same if the high beam stalk is actuated. If you are sitting in the truck with everything off, when the high beam light comes on, actuating on and off any light will make it go out, but it will come back on after about 10 seconds. Un plugged the head light switch And the blue high beam light stays on. Also pulled high beam relay,Drl Relay and Drl fuse still blue high beam light is on.With truck running every thing works fine. Any Idea on what could be the cause?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      DanielDaniel
      Participant

That’s weird. Have you checked your owner’s manual? Some vehicles will do off the wall stuff like that to warn you that something isn’t right.

DanielDaniel
        Participant

Do you have a remote starting device, aftermarket keyless entry, or aftermarket alarm installed. According to someone on another forum that could be part of it. I am thinking it is probably some kind of trouble indication though. Just to be sure, you may want to get the codes pulled. Most autoparts stores will do it for free.

twiggytwiggy
          Participant

I would try resetting things by disconnecting your battery for several minutes.

DanielDaniel
            Participant

Doing the battery reset won’t hurt anything, but I would definitely recommend getting those codes pulled. If you do the battery reset make sure (if you have an anti-theft stereo) you have the release code for the stereo.

college mancollege man

sounds like its in the body control module BCM.
                here is a wiring link for a wiring diagram.

http://www.bbbind.com/tech_database.html

wtbm123wtbm123
                Participant

No remote start and no aftermarket stuff on truck I have a scanner and no codes are set . thanks for the imput.

wtbm123wtbm123
                  Participant

Nothing related in owners manual. Thanks for the reply.

wtbm123wtbm123
                    Participant

Tried disconnecting battery a few times even over night . no change. Thanks for the reply

wtbm123wtbm123
                      Participant

Have tried the reset. I have a scanner and no codes have been set Thanks for the reply.

wtbm123wtbm123
                        Participant

Thanks . I have already pulled up the wiring diagram. Love that site. My scanner shows no body codes or any codes set at all. I checked all grounds ,and all tested good. I was leaning toward the BCM or the DRL Module. Just weird that every thing i have done has tested ok and no codes.. Thanks for your reply.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                          Keymaster

The first thing that came to my mind was the headlight switch. I’ve seen more than one go bad on a GM product unfortunately.

Keep us posted on what you find.

wtbm123wtbm123
                            Participant

Update on 04 GMC Sierra. I still do not know the cause. After my last post I got swamped with customers cars. After the truck sat a week or two. With battery hooked up ,I got thinking I better go Check if battery was dead. I looked in the truck and saw no blue light. So i tried starting the truck and it started right up. I have been watching and have drove the truck some ,but the light has never came back on.If the light ever comes back on I will try and figure it out. Thanks for all the help. Sorry I have no answer to what was wrong.

college mancollege man

keep us posted if things change.

williamwilliam
                                Participant

Gremlins… not the AMC type, the annoying “It’s not even supposed to be able to DO that” type.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                                  Keymaster

It’s bitter sweet when then fix themselves. Keep us posted if things change.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…