Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 04’ trailblazer 2wheel drive transmission and/or torque converter issues

04’ trailblazer 2wheel drive transmission and/or torque converter issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 04’ trailblazer 2wheel drive transmission and/or torque converter issues

• Creator
    Topic

Transmission started making a loud tick sound that got louder and faster when accelerated. Vehicle still shifted perfectly so I assume flexplate bolt or torque converter bolt catching and rubbing somewhere. Tried driving vehicle home with the ticking sound. Vehicle was driving great at 70mph when out of nowhere transmission neutralizes engine revs when gassed but does not move while Loud whining Sound when trying to accelerate. Once pulled over and stopped I turned vehicle off. When I turn the key to start motor the starter just makes whining sound as well. Where do I start? Transmission, torque converter, or flex plate???

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
    Participant

For starters …
      ” I assume flex-plate bolt or torque converter bolt catching and rubbing somewhere. ”
      ” Vehicle was driving great at 70mph ”
      See something just a tad off here????
      If not … you don’t drive a vehicle @ 70mph when you suspect a possible transmission issue.
      Suggest if the transmission has a inspection or access plate you remove it and try to take a look inside.

Richard Kirshey, I understand your utter disappointment at hearing the vehicle was drivin at all with that noise much less @ 70mph! She was told not to drive it but she had an “emergency”. I’m sure you understand my frustration. Well I have the tranny dropped atm. It’s still under vehicle on tranny jack. Just not sure if it’s the actual tranny hoping just flex plate or torque converter. Fluid and filter are clear of any metal or glitter so I’m thinking/hoping the tranny is good. Just not a transmission guy at all whatsoever. Was hoping someone had similar problem other than still driving it at 70mph I’m sure that’s a first.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…