Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 05 Ford Expedition, 5.4 spark plugs and timing components

05 Ford Expedition, 5.4 spark plugs and timing components

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 05 Ford Expedition, 5.4 spark plugs and timing components

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan O'ConnorDan O’Connor
    Participant

Hey all…I believe its my first time posting here, and always enjoy reading the other posts. So I’ve got this 05 Expedition, with the 5.4 Triton 3 valve. Its approaching 200K, and as far as I know, the spark plugs have never been changed. Along with that, its sounding like the camshaft phasers are on their way out as well. She’s got a few other issues, such as a/c does not work due to a compressor and line leak, lower radiator support rusting away, and rocker panels about gone. I’m capable of doing all repairs myself, but not sure if the repairs are worth my time and effort.
      I’d like some opinions and input as to what other subscribers think, or what they would do.
      I really like this vehicle, and actually now, use it more like a truck than a people hauler, but just now sure if making all repairs to make it reliable for the long haul would be worth it. It would be used mostly for road trips, any where from 200 to 1000 miles.
      Thanks for any input.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Concerning your spark plugs:

Concerning the cam phasers:
        https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5.4+triton+3+valve+camshaft+phasers
        Do the research to get a good understanding of what is involved.
        As to what to do ….
        That comes down to your budget, skills required, tooling available and time investment.
        Also the basic mechanical condition of the vehicle IE. transmission, brake system, front end, suspension etc.
        Meaning if you do the stated repairs will the vehicle keep costing you in repairs of other major components a short time later.

Can’t say in your specific case if it is worth the investment or not.
        Only you can make that determination.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…