Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 05 Nissan Sentra 1.8s Auto Trans issue

05 Nissan Sentra 1.8s Auto Trans issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums 05 Nissan Sentra 1.8s Auto Trans issue

• Creator
    Topic
    DeLaGrimDeLaGrim
    Participant

It has been going on for a year and a half now and it hasn’t gotten any worse
      It has 80k miles on it but every time it goes into second gear it gives me a little jolt and a chirp and some times give me jolts in other gears but mostly into 2nd… no matter how hard or soft i accelerate.. the tranny fluid is full so I know it isnt low..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Third GearThird Gear
      Participant

Ok, the fluid is full, but has it ever been changed? On most automatics I have I like to do a drain and refill every 10-15k miles. Some may say that is too much, but I’ve never had any automatic transmission problems (at least on cars I’ve had from the beginning).

If the fluid isn’t a reddish color, then it needs to be changed.

TonisherTonisher
        Participant

Follow third gear advice, but I also recommend you replace the transmission filter and gasket. Make sure you don’t over torch the transmission pan bolts. And after you drive the car around a while, lift the car back up and torch the transmission pan bolts again.

ChrisR1987ChrisR1987
          Participant

Tranmission issues arnt always tied to just the transmission itself. Engine health aslo affects tranny performance too. I do agree with third gear and tonisher it is a good idea to change the fluid and filter but also make sure you dont have any cvacum leaks or engine issues as some issues do affect shift performance

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…