Menu

06 vibe cv axel keeps seperating

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 06 vibe cv axel keeps seperating

• Creator
    Topic
    billy vansicklesbilly vansickles
    Participant

Hi everyone! I have an 06 Pontiac vibe, 5 speed standard. I’ve replaced the cv axel 3 times in as many months. Something is causing it to keep seperating at the inner knuckle. The mechanics are stumped. They said there are 3 different cv axles for the 06 vibe, and they assure me they are getting the proper shaft for my 5 speed standard. I can’t get one to last longer than a month. They keep breaking at the inner knuckle. Mechs thought it might be worn motor mounts, but that ended up being a negative. What could be causing this nightmare? I can’t seem to find anyone else having this problem. Help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nicole D'AmbroiseNicole D’Ambroise
      Participant

My Taurus is doing the same thing. Also had 3 replacements and my 3rd one just broke. Did you ever figure it out?

khaliok khaliokxkhaliok khaliokx
        Participant

I got substitution axles and they are excessively short. I removed the right side and introduced the upgraded one and the shaft didnt come as far as possible through to put on the nut. Took it off and put the old and new next to each other and the substitution is 35 15/16″ and doesnt should be compressed(there is no springing out in within cv).

billy vansicklesbilly vansickles
          Participant

Regrettably, no, I have yet to figure out what is causing the problem. Still looking forward to anyone who can help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…