Menu

07 2.5 Altima air burp problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 07 2.5 Altima air burp problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Robby BrownRobby Brown
    Participant

Hi Everyone, I just finished replacing the notorious CVT in my Altima after it has sat dead for 2 years. Obviously I had to remove tons of coolant lines in the process. I watched ETCG’s air burping vid and followed his instructions.

SO. My problem is that I can’t get the fans to kick on and have that rapid drop of coolant from the funnel. The coolant at the funnel is quite hot. Could the thermostat be frozen in the open position since it’s hot at the radiator? It was working normal prior to being parked.

Thanks for any insight, and stay dirty 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

When you say the coolant is hot do you mean the engine is at operating temp or is it just hot but not where is should be according to the temp gauge on the dash.
        If the temp gauge is always reading cold or just above, chance are the stat is stuck open.
        You can test it in a pot of boiling water to see if it opens and then remove it and watch it close.

Robby BrownRobby Brown
        Participant

The coolant at the funnel is steaming, I would guess it is ay full operating temp or close to it. That would indicate the thermostat is circulating coolant through the radiator correct? As for the gauge, it is reading sky high..nearly maxed out. It seems to me that the gauge is not accurately reading coolant temp because of the unnecessary air, so basically reading hot steam?

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

Well you first need to get an accurate reading on the coolant temp.
            If your issue is air entrapment you might try raising the front end of the vehicle to force the air to the highest point.
            If that doesn’t work you can vacuum fill the system if needed.
            Do a search for Coolant Vacuum Refill Tool Kit Airlift Cooling System

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…