Menu

07 Acura tl tapping noise

• Creator
    Topic
    ernesto gutierrezernesto gutierrez
    Participant

recently I started hearing this inconsistent tapping noise from inside the car. after looking at videos I was convinced it could be valve noise but the noise is not consistent and it happens after the engine is warm and audible only on idle and very little when the hood is open. from the video I provided you can hear the noise suddenly start and then stop, after I increased the rpm a little and come back and then go away after turning on the AC and then suddenly come back up but a little louder. the noise is confusing because from the inside it sounds like it is coming from the engine, but when I listen from the outside and towards the back of the engine you can barely hear anything until you put your head really in there. any ideas what it could be? (07 Acura TL 3.2L)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Could be due to low oil pressure.
        But if that is valve train noise, that the first time it sounds that low in frequency to me.
        When was the last time the valve train adjusted?

ernesto gutierrezernesto gutierrez
        Participant

im not sure, i bought it used maybe 7 months ago and did an oil change 3 months ago

Rudy RRudy R
          Participant

Just on a whim here–try shaking the exhaust. I’ve had odd noises in Hondas that come and go. Often it is a loud metallic rattling, but a heat shield hanging on loosely could tap at a lower frequency.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…