Menu

07 Civic LX. Purge Valve

• Creator
    Topic
    Zayne AliZayne Ali
    Participant

Hi fellas. My 07 Civic LX has a p0497 I replaced the purge valve selenoid. First time around it didnt sit flush however the check engine went away. As of lately it’s been causing performance issues and the check engine is back on. Any tips from the experienced guys on how I can maybe get it to sit flush into place?
      Its driving me nuts. I reopened everything 4 different times to give it another go but everything I’m trying isnt getting it to sit past the rubber point. I’m 17 so not much experience in the pocket. Thank you.
      It wont sit past the rubber portion 🙁

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

First thing…
        Remove the purge valve solenoid.
        Make sure the O ring has not been damaged.
        Inspect and clean the port it goes into.
        Apply a small amount of silicone paste around the O ring and insert it into place.
        It should slide it flush with a little resistance.

Zayne AliZayne Ali
        Participant

I was gonna try that! Lol thank you man.
          Follow up question. Would brake lube be ok to use? Vaseline or corn oil?
          Dads shop is miles on out and I’m preoccupied almost always.
          If it’s not I’ll run to the shop or stop by an autozone.
          Thank you for the reply! Thank god Eric made this site lol. I was skeptical for a long time to visit this site but your reply was very quick

Zayne AliZayne Ali
          Participant

Let’s say the port is dirty in any way. How would I go about cleaning it? I would have to practically break my neck to inspect it tonight.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
            Participant

Follow up question. Would brake lube be ok to use? Vaseline or corn oil?
              You should not use anything petroleum based because it will eat the rubber O ring.
              If your in a pinch … spit

Let’s say the port is dirty in any way. How would I go about cleaning it? I would have to practically break my neck to inspect it tonight.
              Q-tips and alcohol.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…