2007 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L Auto, 230k miles.
Battery light on dash came on, then after about 2 miles, it goes off.
Parked the car, came out 20 mins later, Battery light back on, went off about 4 miles later.
Had the car tested at local auto shop:
Battery Test: Good Battery Voltage: 12.65 , Measures 540 CCA , Rated: 540 CCA, Temp. 53deg.
Starter Test: Cranking Normal Voltage: 10.96 Amps 0.0A Time: 6.00S
Charging System Test: NO VOLTAGE
Watched a few videos and started testing…
Battery tested around 12.36v – 12.40v
Battery Terminals are clean and tight
Battery Ground wire is connected tight and no sign of corrosion.
When the Battery light is ON and Car Running: Voltage at battery is less than voltage when I check with Car Not Running: Alternator is not doing its job…
I charged the battery. Notice the battery light is OFF.
With Battery light is OFF, Car Running voltage is higher than not running, seems normal, Alternator is doing its job.
Tested battery and now shows around 12.90v,
I’m thinking maybe Fusible Link has weak connection, sometimes it connects, sometimes its not.
I’ve done some digging around and have some questions.
Questions: Does my Ranger have a Fusible Link or a Master/Main Fuse? and where are they?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.