Menu

08 chevy aveo p0420 and p2135

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 08 chevy aveo p0420 and p2135

• Creator
    Topic
    Kelly sergeKelly serge
    Participant

I have a 2008 chevy aveo which got a check engine light some days ago with codes p0420 and p2135. I cleared it but it came back after 400 miles.

Engine rpm is high and fluctuates when engine is cold but stays smoother at 800 rpm when engine gets warm
      If I hold the gas pedal at say 2500 rpm when in idle, it keeps decreasing buy about 100pm then increase by that same amount.
      Loss of power at cruising speed(rpm decreases and increases by about 100 rpm which occurs after every 4 or 5 second intervals).
      Hesitation when accelerating. Jerks sometimes in first and second gear. Hesitation mostly occurs between 2000 and 3000rpm.
      Delay response when gas pedal is pressed.
      Engine temperature increases and decreases sometimes but in small amounts.

I know my cat converter might be bad but it is $1000 at the dealer and out of warranty. (202000km).

Replaced spark plugs a month ago. No smoke from exhaust. Will do an engine colant flush in two days

I really need some help if any before I replace the cat converter

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

see if this helps. The p0420 is that your cat is not cleaning up to the computers liking.
        The p2135 is for the tps which is built into the TB and non serviceable. check that it is
        plugged in. You could try cleaning the tb.

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/3fb9w-2008-aveo-error-message-code-p2135-tps-pedal.html

Michael FiorelliMichael Fiorelli
        Participant

I had p0420 code for well over a year. I tried catalytic converter cleaners and they would turn the light off, but it would come back within 100 miles. Then I watched a scotty kilmer video where he says to remove the cat and soak it overnight in laundry detergent. I did this 3000 miles ago and the light has not come back on yet. They can be a pain to get off, but it could be a cheap solution. Just my 2 cents.

Kelly sergeKelly serge
          Participant

Thanks for your help. I will take the throttle body out in the morning and clean it, and if that does not work, I will replace it

Kelly sergeKelly serge
            Participant

Thanks for your input Mikie. I will do that on the week end when i got lots of time as it is my everyday vehicle. I am not losing hope just yet. Will let you guys know how it turns out

Kelly sergeKelly serge
              Participant

Hi guys. I tried cleaning the throttle body and the Cat but it did not work for me. I replaced throttle body 5 days ago and the performance issues stopped. I later found another 08 aveo which was written off after a crash 3 days ago and got the cat. Since then no codes. Driven over 250 km. Thanks for your help

RobRob
                Participant

[quote=”Kellyserge” post=173425]Hi guys. I tried cleaning the throttle body and the Cat but it did not work for me. I replaced throttle body 5 days ago and the performance issues stopped. I later found another 08 aveo which was written off after a crash 3 days ago and got the cat. Since then no codes. Driven over 250 km. Thanks for your help[/quote]

Cool glade you got it working

college mancollege man

Glad its working out.

Eric PeroEric Pero
                    Participant

Hi Everyone,
                      I also have a P2135 code on my wife’s 2008 Chevy Aveo5.

I found a throttle body from the GM Parts Direct site: Throttle Body – GM (25183237) for $204.00
                      -or-
                      I can get a used one from a local junkyard for $60.

Question….since this is a mechanical/electrical part, would you suggest I just spend the money on new or give the used a try?

Thanks,
                      Eric

Jason BishopJason
                      Participant

I realize this is an old topic, but I recently fixed this issue on my 2008 Chevy Aveo. Turns out the P2135, in my case, what the accelerator pedal sensor. I pulled the assembly out of the car, cleaned the contacts and reinstalled. I’ve not had the issue in the past three weeks since the repair.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…