Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 08' Lexus IS 250 AWD Driver Side rear wheel sound

08' Lexus IS 250 AWD Driver Side rear wheel sound

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 08' Lexus IS 250 AWD Driver Side rear wheel sound

• Creator
    Topic
    Allen GrossAllen Gross
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to work through some issues on my lexus. It makes a constant sound when driving, mostly annoying but definitely something I want to fix. However when I put it up on jacks and ran it to check the source it seems louder and different then when driving. Anyway, here is a video of it.

Note the things I have already done:

Front left wheel was slightly warped and causing vibration, I bought all new wheels and tires. (vibration fixed, but sound still there)
      Replaced all 4 rotors and brakes. None of the brakes, even the back one making the sound is wearing ‘oddly’.
      Replaced rear differential fluid.
      Checked for ‘looseness’ on both axis for all the rims (thinking maybe it was a wheel bearing issue) no movement or looseness anywhere.

Anyway, here is a video of it on 4 jacks and my daughter giving me a hand. I believe the traction control was stopping us from getting steady rpms so I turned it off but then the right side no longer spun, so later in the video I have my daughter turn it back on and then we couldn’t get it up to speed to but it seems only the driver side back tire has the sound.

Thank you all

here is the video of the sound

Sincerely,
      Allen

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Allen GrossAllen Gross
      Participant

Edit:

I sated front left wheel was slightly warned, it was actually the front right passenger side wheel that was warned.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…