Menu

1984 Ford F150 300 six automatic

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1984 Ford F150 300 six automatic

• Creator
    Topic
    Ralph MeeksRalph Meeks
    Participant

Hello, I have replaced the carb. fuel filter, fuel pump, distributer cap, rotor, plugs wires, new plugs, new fuel tank the truck runs great starts
      on high idle when cold, warms up idles down when I kick It down, theirs no miss the trans shifts great until it shifts into third and I accelerate hard it falls on it’s face like all the fuel is shut off when I let up it’s like it catches up and runs fine until I accelerate it again the same thing. I have checked the choke to make sure it’s operating correctly when I accelerate (I tied it back with a wire tie) help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

When you accelerate in 3rd gear does the transmission kick down as it should.

Ralph MeeksRalph Meeks
        Participant

It starts and runs fine till it’s full throttle or kicks down.

Participant

Have you checked the EGR system for operation or possible clog?

Ralph MeeksRalph Meeks
            Participant

I did unplug it from it goes into the carburetor drove it no change . How would be the best way to check it. Thanks

Participant

You can google operation of the EGR valve and methods of testing.
                Also check youtube for any videos concerning operation, testing and service

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…