Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1989 Ford Ranger dashboard gauge problem

1989 Ford Ranger dashboard gauge problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1989 Ford Ranger dashboard gauge problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

the only gauge that works is the speedometer, i would like to have all of them working, i checked the fuse box under the steering wheel and those are all fine, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
      ohh and this is a 1989 ford ranger custom 2.9 v6

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

The fueses were a great place to start, well done. Since there are so many other gages that are effected I would start by pulling the cluster to see if it’s getting the signals it needs to work properly. A service manual would have the specs for what you should see as your looking for readings from the sensors that feed the cluster and the wires to look for them on, if your getting signals to the cluster but your gages are not working then you probably need a cluster. You may have to swap out your speedo to transfer the odometer readings.

Anonymous

thanks for replying:), im a 16 year old kid that knows the basics on cars and trucks, think i could fix it?

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

You can fix anything with time and patience as well as having good resources at your side.

I would start with finding some wiring diagrams and go from there.

Anonymous

i have a junk 1989 ford F-150 xlt lariat do you think the gauges will work for my 1989 ranger?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…