Menu

1990 Audi 100 Quattro

• Creator
    Topic
    Jon MooreJon Moore
    Participant

Hello,
      I have a 1990 Audi 100 Quattro that is having performance issues. When I purchased the car a few months ago, it was running ok. The more I drove it, it would bog down to the point that it would idle, but would not accelerate. This would happen even out of gear. It started out idling at around 800 and when it would bog down and not accelerate, it was idling at about 50.

I decided to change the plugs, distributor, rotor and wire set. I started with the plugs. (The other parts looked to be fairly new so have not replaced them) After replacing the plugs, I started it and let it run for about 5 minutes. It seemed to fix a multitude. But then I put it in gear and tried to pull away, at it did the same thing… Bog down, and no acceleration out of gear and way low idle. I noticed that when it was running good that as I revved it, black smoke came out from the muffler.

After this disheartening chain of events, I decided to pull my brand new spark plugs. They were black and sooty . No oil, just dry and blackened. I know that is most likely a over-rich fuel mixture. My knowledge ends there unfortunately. Can anyone give me suggestions on a fix please?

Thanks,
      Loko

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…