Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1990 Honda Accord LX after market distributor, which to buy?

1990 Honda Accord LX after market distributor, which to buy?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1990 Honda Accord LX after market distributor, which to buy?

• Creator
    Topic
    Bad_dudeBad_dude
    Participant

My ignition coil inside the distributor died a month ago. It cost me $170 to replace the coil. But now the bearing seal is giving in and oil leaks inside the distributor and down my motor. The seal kit costs about $20 plus labor. I see these after market distributors online for $60 and up. A used OEM one is hard to find but once found, I don’t know how much life left for the coil inside. So I am looking to by a whole new after market one. But the CB7 is picky about the distributor part. It seems more cost effective to buy a whole new part since I could do this myself saving the labor cost. The only thing left is to ignition time it, which I have the gun. I worked on this car before but time is limited now so I bring it to my trusted mechanic. But I want to save some money but I don’t want to buy a distributor and it fails or not work right and wasting more time and effort. Any input on which one I could buy?
      Thanks.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Bad_dudeBad_dude.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Bad_dudeBad_dude.
    Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

My understanding is that many Honda’s do not play well with aftermarket dizzys.
        Finding a new unit can be a treasure hunt and be costly.
        Have you tried looking for a rebuild kit for the OEM unit?
        Might be cost effective to just to completely rebuild it .

Bad_dudeBad_dude
        Participant

I tried looking but they are over $200 used OEM. The least expensive is $150 but who knows how long the ignition module still have life left? That’s the main component of the dizzy.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

In lies the issue with an older vehicles … finding replacement parts

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…