Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1993 Honda civic Dx front disc brake pad change/caliper wont fit over new pads!

1993 Honda civic Dx front disc brake pad change/caliper wont fit over new pads!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1993 Honda civic Dx front disc brake pad change/caliper wont fit over new pads!

• Creator
    Topic
    BobBob
    Participant

Hi, please help. I have a 93 Honda Civic DX & needed to change the pads. This time I also changed the rotor for the first time (thanks ETCG for the double hammer technique to remove the rotor screws), rotors are same size as originals. I had some difficulty seating the new disc pads in the clips but finally got them in & flush to the rotor. However, even after completely compressing the caliper cylinder all the way down & I cant swing the caliper over the new pads. The pads seem to be too thick. They are Raybestos ATD273C, from Rockauto & no long on their website. I began to wonder if the pads were designed for 93 Civics LX or EX which have, I believe, a larger brake pad. I had to put the old pads back on while I resolve this issue & or order another set to take my kids to school. Thought the hard part was going to be the rotors…

Can someone please help?. I’m completely frustrated. Thank you all!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

If the piston is fully compressed and the pads are flush to the rotor, Then try another brand of pad. could be defective.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…