Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1993 Honda del sol/civic no start during or a little after it rains

1993 Honda del sol/civic no start during or a little after it rains

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1993 Honda del sol/civic no start during or a little after it rains

• Creator
    Topic
    Per PearsonPer Pearson
    Participant

Ok so I’ve seen all the “Honda no start” threads and webular information and all problems are solved before addressing my issue. I have tested everything I can by going through the service manual but yet I can’t find a specific problem other than the relay won’t turn on the fuel pump, (during and after it rains). This being said I have tested and checked and re-soldered any connection that could be an issue. I have taken apart the electrical connection on the ignition switch and checked the ECU and it doesn’t have any signs of issues. The thing is when it’s dry it works fine the car drives and doesn’t ever cut out and the relay has tested fine at least 5 times according to the test in the service manual. It clicks when you turn the key on but the fuel pump only sometimes works initially. I don’t have a bunch of cash to throw parts at it but I hope to fix or get the part that will make the car reliable again. Here was my experience today, It’s been dry for a few and so this morning while a thunderstorm was headed my way I “tried” the car and was able to start it. Then it rained for maybe an hour or so and not to heavy and about a 1/2 hour after it wouldn’t start. I have wired up a switch to turn on the fuel pump but even with that it won’t start. So then it dries out and after about 6 hours it starts, but I kinda cheat by turning on the switch to prime it because the relay doesn’t automatically go but after priming it and turning off the switch the relay works as it should and it starts up.
      I’m all for getting a relay but I don’t want to get one and that not fix the problem. So…

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Per PearsonPer Pearson
      Participant

Wow, silence is golden I know but REALLY. Anyway I connected up to check the voltage on A7 and A23 on the ECU and I am suppose to get voltage for 2 seconds and then off, I get voltage and no off. The manual says “try a different ECU” but says nothing about if the voltage stays on – BLAH – So I get the voltage but yet it doesn’t activate the 2nd part of the main relay to turn on the fuel pump and whatever else. So…

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…