Menu

1994 850 2.5 10v Volvo

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? 1994 850 2.5 10v Volvo

• Creator
    Topic
    Kari LöytönenKari Löytönen
    Participant

Dirt cheap(300 eur) project landed on my yard as byproduct, when i bought two sets of tires for my v70 volvo.

Subject had few issues:
      -Oil leak from rear crankseal+clogged pcv(leak likely resulted by pcv fail).
      – ABS light on nonstop.
      – Dead brakeligths(switch)
      – Loose handbrake.
      – Couple blown lightbulbs.

– First i took pcv under work, and that required dismantle of whole intake manifold to get acces to oiltrap.
      Most of the pcv hoses were reuseable after cleanup, but flametrap vacuumhose was completely clogged and crumbled in hand when bented..
      After tedious sparepart hunt, and waiting pcv was rebuilt sucsesfully.
      – Second jobs was abs, and brakelights that were most acute issues. Since this car has pre obd(blinking light) diagnostic system, i quickly tracked abs fault to rear driverside. Few recistance checks confirmed that sensor was dead, but in this car rear abs sensor are paired to one connector, so as quick and dirty i installed new one by soldering on old wire. Tadaa abs light and faultcode gone!
      As sidejob brakeligths came alive by replacing the lightswitch operated by brakepedal. At the same time since brakeassy. was open i noticed that rear brakes need new pads and shoes in near future. The handbrake was tightened on same go, but as mentioned brakeshoes are finalized..

Almost i forgot the cranshaft oil leak, and that was by far most difficult repairs i have done on dirt yard on jackstands..
      Luckily i am not the first that has done it, so there is plethora info on internjets how to do it.

Let me know if you want to hear about my version of that..

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…