Menu

1994 Honda accord brake issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1994 Honda accord brake issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Candi HollifieldCandi Hollifield
    Participant

ey everyone, me again ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
      Well I found out the hard way yesterday that I have no brakes, none whatsoever. Approaching the stop sign I hit the brakes and nothing happened other than the pedal going straight to the floor & me having that mini heart attack that you think you’d have in that situation…Some quick thinking & as my passenger put it “some pretty sharp driving skills” as a dump truck passed in front of us, got us stopped. I pulled to the roadside and raised the hood and there was absolutely no brake fluid so I filled it up but nothing changed. With my door open, when I hit the brakes I could hear a hissing sound from the back tire on the driver side. I bent down to look and I could clearly see brake fluid spraying out every time I hit the brake pedal. I don’t know what to do from here. Can you guys help me please? My husband was killed in a motorcycle crash 2yrs ago so it’s all on me now. Meaning I have to somehow fix this myself no matter how much my 11 yr old wants to do it. Any guidance or really just anything LOL๐Ÿ˜ would be greatly appreciate as this is my only way to work & back. Thank you for reading this

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

First of all, sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank goodness you and your passenger are OK.

If I recall correctly, the rear brakes on the accord of that year are drum brakes. Either the brake line or the wheel cylinder are leaking. Once you find that out, determine what part to replace and then do a complete bleed of the system. Also, given you have had one failure, I would give the whole rear brake system a once over to see if anything else need replacing.

Good ETCG video on drum brakes:

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…