Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1994 Honda Civic Del Sol hesitation and idle stalling

1994 Honda Civic Del Sol hesitation and idle stalling

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1994 Honda Civic Del Sol hesitation and idle stalling

• Creator
    Topic
    JavierJavier
    Participant

Hi there. So about a couple months ago i bought a 1994 Honda Civic Del Sol SI automatic transmission and it has been giving me hesitation issues for about a month. It was driving good when i first bought and the only issues were the speedometer didnt work and there was an exhaust leak in the exhaust manifold. So a month in i changed the oid and changed out the header and downpipe with an aftermarket one but couldnt get the o2 sensor off the original so i ordered a cheap one online and decided to drive it for a few days without the o2 sensor. Starting getting the hesitation issues while driving without the o2 sensor and 3 days in i ended up burning a hole through the side of my catalytic converter. Bought a straight pipe to replace the catalytic converter and put in the o2 sensor, but the hesitation issues didnt go away. Decided to try replacing all the spark plugs, cables, distributor cap, and air filter with no change. Took it to a mechanic and he suggested to change the distributor because he said it had a weak spark so i ordered one. Also the battery seemed bad so i replace it and also replaced the fuel filter thats when it started stalling. Afterward i changed the the distributor but still no change.

So now its able to start, but it will end up stalling if i dont press the throttle. If i hold the throttle for awhile itll stabalize and stay at 1000rpm but will end up stalling after about a minute. When driving it just chugs along and can usually be forced to accelerate by tapping the throttle. If i hold the throttle it will usually shake and make alot of noise like its struggling. Now im stuck and dont know what else i could do.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JavierJavier
      Participant

Already fixed it. Was clogged fuel injectors.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…