Menu

1995 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1995 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim PhillipsTim Phillips
    Participant

I noticed that when I come to a stop after it has been sitting in the garage over night it’ll bog down, and when ever I come to a stop at a traffic light it’ll pull either to the left or the right when going over bumpy parts of the road no matter if I’m going to the left or right. My RF brake pads are more worn than the LF brake pads. Is one or both of my calipers bad and should I replace them. Thanks.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        Tim PhillipsTim Phillips
        Participant

Thanks college man.

college mancollege man

[quote=”Timdog35″ post=165180]Thanks college man.[/quote]

🙂

Tim PhillipsTim Phillips
            Participant

I’ve got an update for this car since my previous post. I’ve replaced both front brake pads and rotors with quality stuff (Akebono pads, Raybestos Rotors) I had to take it somewhere to install these parts for me since I couldn’t remove the caliper bracket bolts and after the pads and rotors were installed they told me that my ball joints and inner tie rods need to be replaced.

Also I’ve got a very annoying crank/no start issue that requires me to jump start my car off my Mom’s car even though it’ll crank just fine without it for several cranks before the battery gets drained, once the car starts I drive it for half an hour or so and if I stop somewhere and go to start my car it starts up just fine.

I’ve also cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor and let it air dry for over 30 minutes before reinstalling back into it’s housing etc etc etc. I even replaced the air filter too. I’ve gone through the no start issue FAQ section but haven’t checked any of what needs to be checked yet…….. I’ll post another update after I’ve done the step by step diagnosis to figure things out I hope.

college mancollege man

Have your battery and alternator load tested.

Tim PhillipsTim Phillips
                Participant

I had the battery, alternator, and starter tested and all had passed I just forgot to add it in.

BluesnutBluesnut
                  Participant

Was the battery load tested though? The current trend is inductance testers and while this is just my opinion, I do not trust them.

The reason being is that I’ve had several batteries under warranty that were bad; no ifs, ands, or buts about it and the retailer’s inductance testers continually stated the battery was fine and that “it only needs to be charged”.
                    That’s hardly the case because they were charged and the batteries would go dead inside of a day while sitting on the bench.

Tim PhillipsTim Phillips
                    Participant

I believe it was, though I can’t be certain. It was done @ an Auto Zone.

Tim PhillipsTim Phillips
                      Participant

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, or whatever best applies but I needed to post an update to let y’all know what going on with this car. After my most recent post which was over 3 yrs ago I realized that this car was becoming a money pit and I needed to get an ignition switch but at the time I was unemployed and little short on cash so in August of 2017 I sold this car @ an CarMax for $200. So there’s the update for this car. Could someone plz close/lock this thread plz. Thanks.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…