Menu

1995 Honda Accord 2.2L idle surge

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge 1995 Honda Accord 2.2L idle surge

• Creator
    Topic
    Ron KannaRon
    Participant

My idle surges from 1000 to 2500 constantly until I unplug my IAC valve. I have cleaned my egr ports and tried a new IAC valve but I still have the same problem? Something is telling the valve to stay wide open when it is plugged in??? Could a temperature sensor be causing it?

Thanks,
      Ron

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ron KannaRon
      Participant

I guess nobody reads this forum anymore? The only thing I can think is that I put a new aftermarket IACV on and it is also faulty?? I find it hard to buy a $300 part when that might not be the problem??!! I also replaced the IAT sensor, the temperature sensor and put a different throttle body on, I have bled the cooling system several times and it STILL SURGES!! Sometimes I can hold the rpm’s at about 4000 for several seconds and then it will idle down but only until I give it more throttle then it starts surging again???

Bobby NicholsBobby Nichols
        Participant

hey just read your post don’t know, but worth checking. I had an idle surge problem that was similar to this. I ended up bleeding the air from the coolant system and fixed it. ETCG has a video on the process. 02 accord f23 hope this helps.

Bobby NicholsBobby Nichols
          Participant

just read your second post completely sorry have you checked for a vacuum leak?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…