Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1998 Range Rover p38 with a v8 engine that crank without starting

1998 Range Rover p38 with a v8 engine that crank without starting

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge 1998 Range Rover p38 with a v8 engine that crank without starting

• Creator
    Topic
    David EssienDavid Essien
    Participant

Good evening, sir. There was no current to the injector wire with the key in ON position. There was no RPM signal, no spark,no injector pulse and no start even after adding gasoline to the engine.
      So I pulled out the ECM and checked there was actually lots of short to ground therein and few wires breached with each other which I corrected. In addition, I also noticed that “there was no ignition current at all in the fuse box, ” but the dashboard lights were coming “on” with key “on” which is proper. The fuse box itself didn’t transfer power to fuse 26 and 37 that were responsible for transferring current to the injector circuit with ignition switch turned to “on” position. Hence, I told the car owner that the fuse box too will require replacement. And when he purchased it from a store the was current there at the fuses but not to the injector circuit. I noticed that some pins in the fuse box that was powering fuses 26 and 37 were completely pulled out.
      Also, I noticed that instead of Fuse 26 to be powered with test light on ground it was rather powered with test light on battery positive. Please sir, help me out with what I can do next to fix the car problem permanently.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…