Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2000 Honda Civic ex vtec THROTTLE BOOT TORN and idle high

2000 Honda Civic ex vtec THROTTLE BOOT TORN and idle high

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2000 Honda Civic ex vtec THROTTLE BOOT TORN and idle high

• Creator
    Topic
    MaddieMaddie
    Participant

Hey everyone I have a problem with my idle it’s bout 2000 rpm and when I’m at a stop it lower to 1000rpm . Throttle cable boot it torn and the line is lose . Can anyone give me some help please thank you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

If your issues is due to excessive slack, you can adjust it by loosening the lock nut and tightening the adjuster nut to get the proper tension then re-tighten the lock nut. Also check that the return spring is not binding or broken.
        The boot is to keep dirt out and prevent the cable from binding.
        But if road grime got into the cable jacket and is causing binding , you can try to spray lubricant where the cable comes out of the jacket.
        If that doesn’t work you may need to replace the throttle cable.

Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
        Participant

Yep that’s true. Just for your own sake, I would recommend replacing the torn throttle boot right away as that is likely the source of your problem. At which point, you can go ahead and clean the map sensor inside of the throttle body and see if that fixes the problem. Be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable before you unplug any of the electrical connectors.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…