Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2000 Honda CRV P1399 Misfire code with no misfire

2000 Honda CRV P1399 Misfire code with no misfire

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2000 Honda CRV P1399 Misfire code with no misfire

• Creator
    Topic
    RobertRobert
    Participant

My sister has a 2000 CRV and she called me to say the check engine light came on. I scanned it and got an evap leak code. Checked the gas cap and it was somewhat loose. Tightened it up and cleared the codes.

Then started the car up to check again and I noticed it now has a flashing check engine light and a temp code of P1399 for a misfire. The engine is running perfectly fine with no shake or shudder.

The tail pipe doesn’t smell like raw fuel from a dead cylinder. When I pull each plug wire off of the plug, the engine slows down a gets a true misfire for each cylinder which will throw a code for each individual cylinder.Putting the plug wire back on brings the idle back up to normal range for all 4 cylinders.

From what I have been reading, most solutions point to a valve adjustment. Could the valves being loose or tight throw this code without causing a misfire big enough to feel?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…