Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2001 buick century cooling fan 1 relay not getting properly powered

2001 buick century cooling fan 1 relay not getting properly powered

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2001 buick century cooling fan 1 relay not getting properly powered

• Creator
    Topic
    Zach MusickZach Musick
    Participant

Some one please help.

Ok I have been on a journey. This might be kind of long.

So 2001 Buick century – what I’ve done

Replaced radiator, radiator cap, cooling fans thermostat, heater core, water pump, coolant temp sensor.

After replacing ALL of that the cooling fans would kick only when I turned the AC on. Or so I thought. Turns out they were functioning normally but not at the correct temperature. Low speed would turn on when the needle reached the just before the 3/4th temp gauge line. High speed would turn on at the 3/4th temp gauge line. So I figured pcm must be faulty. (Among other tall tale signs)

So. Replaced the pcm. FIXED A LOT OF ISSUES. But ended up back to square one. Cooling fans won’t come on. Not even for ac this time. So I broke the trustee multi meter out and started rechecking wiring. Bringing me back here today. Now. It seems the cooling fan 1 relay is not getting properly powered. According to my relay. Post 85 and 86 should have 12 volts power, and post 30 and 87 should have no power until tripped. Well 86 has 12vs 85 has no volts 87 has 12 volts. And 30 has no volts. replaced the fuse box with no change.

So I’m assuming wires 85 and 87 have crossed somewhere and that I’m needing a wiring diagram for the back of the relay fuse box that i cant find.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…