Menu

2001 Dodge 1500.

• Creator
    Topic
    DanielDaniel
    Participant

My daughter has a 2001 Dodge 1500 truck. The abs and brake light is on, the brake pedal is spongy, but at almost bottomed out position it will stop the truck. NO leaks at any wheel or brake line. Could this be a bad master cylinder, or something in the abs system else where? fluid is topped off in the reservoir. Need some help guy’s don’t want to be a parts changer too much.
      thanks. Stay Dirty!!!!! Daniel.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

A good start is to scan the ABS module and see what codes are stored. Check the brakes themselves to see that you have plenty of pad front and rear.

DanielDaniel
        Participant

Thank you collage guy for your help. All I have is a lower grade Actron code reader and I’m not sure if it reads ABS codes, I’ll work on that. Any help on what is needed to diagnose the problem other than visual inspection that I’ve done already, pads, leaks. This truck is just showing a brake light only on the cluster. Please I apologize for the questions all the time. Thank you again. Daniel.

DanielDaniel
          Participant

one more thing the obd scanner is not giving any codes in the system, I guess that’s a good thing.

college mancollege man

If the visual inspection shows good. Try bleeding your brakes to see if the pedal firmness returns. Do you have rear
              drums or disc?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…