Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2001 Ford Taurus SES Humming Problem >50MPH

2001 Ford Taurus SES Humming Problem >50MPH

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2001 Ford Taurus SES Humming Problem >50MPH

• Creator
    Topic
    EthoblingEthobling
    Participant

So I recently (3 days ago) bought a 2001 Taurus SES Wagon with 140k miles with several issues:
      1. Car shakes side to side when decelerating below 20mph. 90% sure this is a warped brake rotor. Haven’t checked to see if it does it when not applying brake.
      2. Car clunks from the driver’s front side when turning/driving. 90% sure it is the sway bar link, since there is significant play in it.
      3. Car makes a humming sound (almost like a single engine airplane sound) when going past 50 MPH and gets louder the faster I go. Not RPM dependent, because I shifted it out of OD and the volume/pitch was the same. I’m guessing it is some sort of wheel bearing issue?
      4. Car shakes at 55 MPH, and violently shakes past 60. Guessing this is related to #3? Saw 1 of the motor mounts and it looked fine. Haven’t ruled out the others yet, though.

Only 1 engine code, and it is a P0442 (Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected – Small Leak)

2001 Ford Taurus SES Wagon: Automatic Trans, 3.0L V6 Vulcan, disc brakes front and rear

And ideas as to what I can be would be much appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…