Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2001 Honda Civic- Fluttering dash, won't start

2001 Honda Civic- Fluttering dash, won't start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2001 Honda Civic- Fluttering dash, won't start

• Creator
    Topic
    RyanRyan
    Participant

I went to start the Honda and upon stepping on the clutch and turning the key, all the gauges of the dash were fluttering crazy and it would not turn over. I have checked the alternator, starter, fuses and battery connections. Only thing I could come up with was to replace the poor sub-grounding cable located next to the radiator cap. It started with no problem after this but I find it very hard that this was the fix.
      Is there something else I am missing? The car has 270,000 miles on it. I rebuilt the motor 100,000 miles ago and has ran like a top. Does anyone think the computer is starting to go or is there another sub-ground cable somewhere I am missing? When the dash flutter like that is is purely a ground issue? Th battery is brand new and is a high quality Interstate battery.

Any help is much appreciated. As we all can agree electrical problems make you lose trust in a vehicle in a hurry.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RyanRyan
      Participant

Anybody got any ideas before I take this car into Honda? It did it again today. It has been running good and then today I pulled into the driveway, shut the car off. Then 10 mins later went to start it and nothing. Click, Click, Click as I stepped on the clutch and turned the key and the dash fluttered like it was obsessed by a demon. I unhooked the battery and cleaned the terminal. The battery is brand new. I did a test with my ohmmeter of the alternator and checked all the fuses, Could this be a bad starter?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…